16th International Conference
GREEK APPLIED LINGUISTICS ASSOCIATION on “Migration and Language Education”
Thessaloniki, Greece, 6-8 October 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Greek Applied Linguistics Association (GALA) is organising its 16th International Conference of Applied Linguistics on migrant and refugee education which is currently an issue of utmost importance in Europe.
A WORKSHOP on “Language Assessment of Immigrants and Refugees” will take place within the framework of the conference. The workshop is organised by Professor David Little and his colleagues and will last from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Participation will be limited and there will be an extra registration fee of 10€.
- Maddalena De Carlο, Dipartimento di Lettere e Filosofia, Università di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale
- Maria Dimasi, Department of Language, Literature and Culture of the Black Sea Countries, Democritus University of Thrace University
- Terry Lamb, School of Education, The University of Sheffield
- David Little, Trinity College, Dublin
- Eleni Skourtou, Department of Primary Education, University of the Aegean
- Petroula Tsokalidou, School of Early Childhood Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
OFFICIAL LANGUAGES: Greek, English, French.
PROCEEDINGS: Selected papers of the conference will be published.
- Language teaching and heritage languages
- Cross Cultural aspects in teaching
- Language immersion education
- Transition issues
- Intercultural awareness/intercultural communication
- Pedagogies and practices in multilingual/multicultural classrooms
- World language teaching
- Βi/Multilingual education
- Indigenous and minority language education
- Language Policy in Multilingual/Multicultural contexts
ABSTRACTS are invited for presentations or poster sessions. The total length of abstracts should not exceed 300 words (Times New Roman 12pt). All abstracts should include title, author(s)’ name(s), affiliation, author(s)’ postal and e-mail address(es). Abstracts should be submitted as pdf files and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract submission deadline: 20 April 2017
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 31 May 2017
Confirmation of participation (for speakers): 20 June 2017
Students: 15 €
GALA members: FREE
Groups (3 or more from the same school/affiliation) 20 € per person
Teachers participating in Teaching Practice Programmes 30 €
Non-members: 40 €
Workshop registration fee (extra): 10 €
Registration fee payable to:
Piraeus Bank, Greece
International bank account no (IBAN): GR43 0172 2300 0052 3000 3123 701
F/O: Greek Applied Linguistics Association (GALA)
Please, quote your name.
Greek Applied Linguistics Association Tel. : +302310 997455, 997456
School of English Fax: +302310 997432
Aristotle University e-mail: email@example.com
P.O. Box 58
541 24 Thessaloniki