ALANZ invites 2016 Masters and PhD graduates who have completed and passed their thesis to enter the Best Thesis competition.
Each institution will nominate their best Masters thesis (i.e. MA by thesis) and best PhD thesis and forward them to the ALANZ Executive. A panel of judges from universities in NZ will decide on the 2016 winners.
The winners will receive an ALANZ membership for one year, and a book voucher. The winners will also be asked to submit an article to New Zealand Studies in Applied Linguistics.
- If you have completed your thesis and had it examined and/or graduated during 2016, you are eligible to enter the competition for this year.
- You should let the contact person for your institution know that you wish to enter the competition.
- The contact person will set up an internal panel to decide which Masters thesis and PhD thesis will be forwarded by the institution.
- The contact person will send a copy of the theses to the ALANZ President (Chair of panels).
- The ALANZ Executive will announce the winner:
- By writing to the winner and the institution’s contact person
- In the New Year newsletter
- On the ALANZ website
- In the next issue of New Zealand Studies in Applied Linguistics
- Closing date for submissions to be received by the panel chair is MONDAY 20 MARCH 2017.
Further details can be obtained from email@example.com