ALANZ / ALAA / ALTAANZ conference, Nov 2017
We’re pleased to announce details of the fifth combined ALANZ-ALAA-ALTAANZ conference.
Location: City campus, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
Dates: 27 – 29 November 2017
“Applied Linguistics in the New Millennium: Multiple Theories, Pathways, and Practices”
The theme aims to be inclusive of the breadth of the field of applied linguistics. As applied linguists, we’re interested in language learning, language teaching, and how people use language to express their relationship to the world. We’re also interested in issues of identity, in creating corpora, in language policy, just to name a few. What unites us, however, is our interest in researching language-related problems in the real world.
A great line up of keynote presenters are confirmed for the conference.
- Marnie Holborow, Associate Faculty, School of Applied Linguistics & Intercultural Studies, Dublin City University, Ireland.
- Heidi Byrnes, Emeritus Professor, Department of German, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C, United States of America.
- Hilary Nesi, Professor in English Language, Coventry University, England.
- Chris Davison, Professor of Education, University of New South Wales, Australia.
- Jennifer Hay, Professor of Linguistics, University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
A call for abstracts will go out in early 2017.